Thursday, May 21, 2009

Amway Functions Suck!

Wow.... you would think that would be enough for someone to figure it out. 

Quoted from http://amwayfunctions.blogspot.com/:

Amway Functions Suck!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Amway WWDB - G.O.O.D.

G.O.O.D. is an acronym for get out of debt. When I saw the business plan, I remember the speaker talking about Quixtar now Amway being a way to get out of debt. The presenter mentioned that many Americans are in debt and that too many people overuse their credit cards. He said one of the things that WWDB teaches is for people to get out of debt. It was one of the things that attracted me to the business opportunity. When I joined, I was not really in debt, but at the same time I did not have a lot of savings and I was looking for ways to get ahead. There were times when I made large purchases on my credit card and it would take 2-3 months to pay off. I figured I could make enough extra cash to pay some ongoing bills like my rent and be able to save up for my future.

One thing that was confusing to me though, was our uplines telling us that we should get out of debt, but at the same time, telling the group to do whatever it took to attend that next function or to continue to be core. It was touted as investing in ourselves. The scam finally came to an end for me when I happened to overhear some crossline talking to each other. One guy mentioned that he was going into debt BECAUSE of the business and could not afford to keep on going. I stepped forward and told these fellas that I was feeling the same thing. So that nite after a team meeting, we sort of talked about our situations very frankly and concluded that we had made a msitake in joining Quixtar now Amway, mainly because the ongoing cost of the business expenses. Yes, the start up cost was low, and the overhead wasn't exorbitant, but after a waking up, I tallied up my bonuses and then my expenses and I had lost thousands of dollars over my short stint in the business. But it's sneaky because you don't spend a lot all at once. You are slowly drained of your income on what seems like reaonable business expenses. It is only when I looked at the business with a critical eye that I realized what had happened. Posted by Derek at 5:45 PM 0 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment